Ethicon China Thoracic Surgery Training Fellowship
ESTS and Ethicon China are offering young Chinese surgeons a 3-6 month training fellowship in European thoracic surgical institutions. The fellowship training support of thoracic surgeons improves patient care by educating, training and supporting clinical innovations.
A primary goal of this Fellowship is to enable Fellows from mainland China trained in general thoracic surgery to obtain advanced training in thoracic surgery management at training site(s) in Europe. The specific aims for Chinese young surgeons to learn in European centres are as bellow:
- learn clinical quality control from European centres
- learn patient management from European centres
- learn scientific research and design from European centres
- observe surgical skills in European centres
- observe hospital management system in European centres
Two educational grants each of € 12250 per candidate
The fellowship grant will be offered to cover expenses of a 6 months stay in one or more of the following European thoracic surgical institutions:
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier, Strasbourg, France
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, St. James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, Jagiellonian University, John Paul II Hospital, Cracow, Poland
- Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A candidate must be a resident of mainland China
- A candidate shall have completed his/her formal training in thoracic surgery
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Candidate must obtain visa (if required)
Results of the projects are encouraged to be published in the I thoracic public accounts. Fellowship applicants are expected to write a final report as well as a financial report.
Applications for the Research Scholarship will be accepted annually. Candidates will be required to submit the following materials within their application:
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Letter of support from their home institution
- Outline of plans, including preferred host training institution and short narrative describing:
what they hope to accomplish during their time at the host training site; how they will utilize the skills they have learned at their home institution; future career goals; and the relationship of the planned study to the applicant’s prior work, preparation and professional goals.
Please send application and documents to:
Sue Hesford, Executive Director, ESTS
Applications Closed on 15 March 2020